Last updated on January 9, 2023
the universe of twitter is full of Kevin Gates tweets. Even your posts on social media are worth sharing. But what makes him a celebrity and a rich source of quotable quotes?
Kevin Gates is an American rapper and singer from the Red Stick of the Pelican State. Growing up in the neighborhood, he had to make tough choices in life, even as a kid. Despite this, he grew up with a love of art and music. His rich life experiences have given him the wisdom he now shares unreservedly.
Let's learn more about this talented man.
growing up in the hood
Born February 5, 1986 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Kevin Jerome Gilyard grew up in a less-than-ideal neighborhood. It was a volatile environment, not ideal for children. His mother, Martha Green Gates, raised him alone, but he didn't really spend a lot of time with her.
Instead, he took to the streets and gathered with his friends. He was subjected to social vices, gang wars, drugs and violence. And while he eventually met his father, he died when Gates was 17. They couldn't spend enough time together to form a strong bond.
In high school, Gates met Dreka Haynes, whom he would eventually marry. Gates has often said how meeting Dreka saved him from getting deeper into gangs, drugs and violence.
He attended Baton Rouge Community College and exemplified academic excellence. However, his interest in rap and music took a long time, which caused his grades to drop. However, he still got his college degree and even a master's degree in psychology while he was in prison from 2008 to 2011.
When Gates and Dreka were married, they already had two children, Islah Koren Gates and Kahza Kamil Gates. Dreka has also become a social media celebrity and is an active booking manager. She helped Kevin start his own record label, Bread Winner's Association, in 2010. They are still happily married today.
top of tables
Kevin's music career began in 2005 when he was signed to Dead Game Records, a local label. Since then he has released 2 studio albums, 3 extended plays, 16 mixtapes and 28 singles. His songs are mainly inspired by his experiences of surviving on the streets.
He is currently signed to his own label, Bread Winner's Association, in partnership with Atlantic Records. In 2019 they released their second studio album "I'm Him". The album has 17 tracks and reached #4 on the US Billboard 200 and US Rolling Stone Top 200.
Although he has been quieter on the streets compared to his childhood days, Kevin still has had several run-ins with the law throughout his career. He has been in and out of prison on criminal charges, including carrying a weapon.
In October 2016, he was found guilty and sentenced to prison. Although he was sentenced to prison in 2016, he was released on parole after more than a year for good behavior.
Despite his difficult childhood and the numerous controversies surrounding his life, he inspires others to be their best. Here are Kevin Gates quotes about music, success, life and even tattoos. They can simply amuse you, inspire you, compel you to take action, or just make you laugh.
- "I'm far from perfect, I'm sure, but God is!" -Kevin Gates
- "Sometimes the best move is not to make a move at all." -Kevin Gates
- "I know a lot, but there are some things I don't know." –Kevin Gates
- "Entertainment and the street don't mix." -Kevin Gates
- “Ice box where my heart used to be. Eskimo city, without feelings, I am an igloo.” –Kevin Gates
- "If they try to destroy you, they destroy themselves in the process. Fuck it - work harder!" -Kevin Gates
- “And the drugs don't really lessen the problem. But they release the endorphins that help me not to think.” –Kevin Gates
- "I feel a lot of pain, this pain makes me know that I live." -Kevin Gates
- "You're the only one my dick could get hard for." -Kevin Gates
- “Some will say that life is a gamble, which means that love is a casino. Everyone just plays to win.” –Kevin Gates
- "Climb forward, push yourself, I'm a grinder. Looking at what's behind you: Peripheral, watch what's on your side." -Kevin Gates
- "All things are achieved through wisdom and knowledge." - Kevin Gates
- "I have trouble letting go. That's my problem." -Kevin Gates
- "Don't let anyone know you're a monster. Stay alert and then surprise them." –Kevin Gates
- "I know I write a lot of my best songs in the car, like late at night. Three, four in the morning.” –Kevin Gates
- “Anyone who is nearly brilliant will suffer from depression. Because you don't see the world the way other people see the world. You see what it is. You see it differently.” –Kevin Gates
- "From my window... I see everything I dream of and wish I had." -Kevin Gates
- "Bad fat nigger, who's your baby's daddy?" Certainly not Puerto Rican Gates.” –Kevin Gates
- “Wealth does not come out of your pocket. It's from the heart. It's from the mind. I live like this.” –Kevin Gates
- "I walked a hundred thousand miles, a long way from home. I miss my homies, some dead, some don't come home." -Kevin Gates
- "I don't pay attention to social media. So when I do something, I do it from the heart. I'm not doing it for any feedback, I did it because I felt like it." -Kevin Gates
- "When you come to the favela, having nothing makes you humble." -Kevin Gates
- "Being logical gave me reason to doubt." -Kevin Gates
- "You want to tell me if you've been sleeping with someone for three months. It's okay and your grandma will tell you one day she's your cousin, okay? Why screw up a good thing?" –Kevin Gates
- "If you follow your heart, you always win!" -Kevin Gates
- "Without true pain, one could never experience true happiness."–Kevin Gates
- "Would you still be my friend when I'm alone?" -Kevin Gates
- “I believe that life is a journey and that I will tell you my plans; Things never go as planned.” –Kevin Gates
- "Whenever someone says something about you, whether directly or indirectly, don't talk to that person. Don't let anyone put you out of position.” –Kevin Gates
- "I was made for this pressure." -Kevin Gates
- "Women say they love it, but never more than the ice cream." -Kevin Gates
- "I said if I loved a woman I should lick her feet, her ego, her pussy and eat her booty." -Kevin Gates
- "I am not made of concrete. I am a real person.” –Kevin Gates
- "You learn fast or you die young." -Kevin Gates
- "I love Anne Rice's vampire novels, but I also love Nicholas Sparks."Kevin Gates
- "Take it, fly it, I have six jobs, I can't get enough." –Kevin Gates
- "If it's important to you, pursue it aggressively." -Kevin Gates
- "She says I'm a dog, but you have to meet one." -Kevin Gates
- "I might slap around doing promo because, no disrespect, nobody put me in the position I'm in. I sold out shows before I got a radio play." -Kevin Gates
- "Some may see this as a problem, I fall in love easily." -Kevin Gates
- "I love a battlefield, it's not a one night stand." -Kevin Gates
- “I've had partners who were sentenced to life in prison when they were young and I had to step on the plate and take care of the kids. I have always been a caregiver for young people.” –Kevin Gates
- “Music is the most therapeutic thing for me. Because I suffer from depression and letting it go is my only way.” –Kevin Gates
- "I like where we are now - but I'm in love with where we're going." -Kevin Gates
- "God has made it impossible for me to be anything other than what I am."Kevin Gates
- "Anything lost can be found, except lost time. Vision without action is just dream action, it's routine, it's haste, it's persistence." –Kevin Gates
- "Knowledge is provided, but only for those who need to know." -Kevin Gates
- "Everyone around you pretends to be your partner, makes you have a problem and doesn't even help you." -Kevin Gates
- "If you associate yourself with peer pressure or complacency, you're doomed." -Kevin Gates
- "Emotionally I'm an introvert, but it sounds like aggression." -Kevin Gates
- “My daily conversation consists of agitation. Bass grind fed up and tired of the fight.” –Kevin Gates
- "It's illegal to steal my feelings and leave." -Kevin Gates
- "I have no religion. I have nothing against the church as long as they sell chicken. Because I read the Koran, I read Kabbalah, I read the Bible. They all have the same three basic principles: love God, love your neighbor as yourself even and... as much as I do, I live by those principles.”—Kevin Gates
- "Those who hate you the most are usually the people you know." -Kevin Gates
- "Never break or bend, that's what it takes to be a Major." –Kevin Gates
Kevin Gates (@iamkevingates) • Instagram photos and videos.How old is Kevin Gate? › What is a quote from Bill Gates? ›
“It's fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.”What do Kevin Gates face tattoos mean? ›
Kevin Gates said in an interview that many people mistakenly think the tattoo on his forehead is a cross. However, it is a soldier. Unfortunately, the artist would not explain this tattoo's meaning. He simply said that all the tattoos on his face were a reflection of his heartache.What did Kevin Gates get charged with? ›
Kevin Gates is a rapper born and raised in Baton Rouge. He was sentenced to 30 months in jail in Illinois on gun charges.Does Kevin Gates own Starbucks? ›
Gates famously owns Starbucks franchises, which is such a lucrative, if unexpected move for someone of his stature.Does Kevin Gates have a psychology degree? ›
He has a psychology degree
However, when he was in prison, he studied psychology through a prison program in 2011.
How much does Kevin Gates make annually? Kevin Gates earns an estimated salary of $0.2 Million per Year.What are 5 famous quotes? ›
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - ...
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. - ...
- Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. ...
- If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor. -
Life is not fair, get used to it! It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure. As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others. I believe that if you show people the problems and you show them the solutions they will be moved to act.
How to be happy? According to Bill Gates. Happiness cannot be bought. By this Gates means do things with intention, set your mind to something, and stick to it, do what you promise and commit to seeing it through to the end.What does 2 teardrops under eye mean? ›
A teardrop tattoo is a small tattoo in the shape of a teardrop near one or both eyes. It is closely associated with gang and prison culture, where it often indicates one has served time, one has been humiliated, or one has killed. Others may get such a tattoo to represent sorrow or loss.What does a cross tattoo on your face mean? ›
One of the most common reasons behind tattooing an “X” on the face or body is to represent that one is living a “straight edge” lifestyle. The “X”, or sometimes multiple X's, are used to symbolize a lifestyle devoid of alcohol, tobacco and recreational drugs.Why do rappers have teardrop tattoos? ›
It can acknowledge the loss of a friend or family member: North American rappers The Game and Lil Wayne have teardrop tattoos signifying the death of friends and basketball player Amar'e Stoudemire has had a teardrop tattoo since 2012 honoring his older brother Hazell Jr., who died in a car accident.Why did Kevin Gates get canceled? ›
However, Gates cited family issues as the reason for cancelling the event. The controversial lyrics of 'Super General' were discussed in an audio interview broadcasted on Bootleg Kev's podcast.What did Bill Gates do to get all his money? ›
Bill Gates turned his fortune from software firm Microsoft into diversified holdings including investments in zero-carbon energy.How much of his money does Bill Gates give away? ›
The Americans who gave the most to charity in 2021.
|Rank||Donor or donors||Amount in millions|
|1||Bill Gates and Melinda French Gates||$15,000 $15,000|
Car Collection of Kevin Gates.
|Cars of Kevin Gates||Price (USD)|
|Corvette C7 Z06||$200,000|
|Rolls Royce Wraith||$350,000|
|Known for||Co-founded Starbucks coffee chain|
Aspirants who wish to study subjects such as Psychology, Philosophy, Sociology, Linguistics, Economics, English, and Environmental Science and Engineering from one of the reputed GATE participating institutions can now apply for the GATE exam.Is psychology a major at Yale? ›
Definitely! In fact, most of our psychology majors gain some psychological research experience during their time at Yale.Does Kevin Gates own his Masters to his music? ›
No, Kevin Gates does not own the master for his songs. Instead, he has a contract with a record label that gives the label exclusive rights to his recordings.What rapper has the highest net worth? ›
- Snoop Dogg's Net worth: $150 Million.
- Lil Wayne's Net Worth: $160 Million.
- Ice Cube's Net Worth: $160 Million.
- Ronald 'Slim' Williams' Net Worth: $170 Million.
- Drake's Net Worth: 180 million.
- Pharrell William's Net Worth: 200 million.
- Master P's Net Worth: $200 Million.
Snoop Dogg has made a massive wealth as well, currently Snoop Dogg Net Worth 2023 is $165 million.How much is Drake's net worth? ›
However, he has also earned money via his acting career. Drake's Net Worth in 2023 is currently $260 Million. He is a big and successful Personality in Canada, who is known all around the world for his exceptional singing or rapping.What are 2 inspirational quotes? ›
- “You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” — ...
- “Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working.” — ...
- “Don't settle for average. ...
- “Show up, show up, show up, and after a while the muse shows up, too.” — ...
- “Don't bunt.
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." "Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do."What is the best motto in life? ›
- When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
- Life every day like it's your last.
- Be yourself. ...
- Be the change you wish to see in the world.
- Let go of who you think you're supposed to be and embrace who you are.
- If you are not obsessed with your life, change it.
- Set some goals, then demolish them.
Leadership Advice Quotes by Bill Gates
“As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” “If your culture doesn't like geeks, you are in real trouble.” “Life is not fair; get used to it.” “To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks.”
"The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency."What is the famous quotes from Bill Gates about technology? ›
“The advance of technology is based on making it fit in so that you don't really even notice it, so it's part of everyday life.”What is happiness famous quote? ›
Mahatma Gandhi. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.Is Bill Gates a humble person? ›
Gates said he also stays humble by doing normal activities, like washing the dishes after dinner each night and driving his kids to school in the morning. Gates said his kids also keep him cool and up-to-date.Is Bill Gates an optimist? ›
Bill Gates calls optimism his "superpower." Gates believes that building an optimistic mindset, especially in hard times, is an essential ingredient for long-term success. In his new book, How to Avoid a Climate Crisis, Gates says that climate change will be catastrophic for humans.Why did Kevin make Instagram? ›
As a photography fanatic, he wanted to create a platform for users to share their pictures and videos. Kevin began working on the idea. The INSANE Story of Instagram | How Kevin Systrom & Mike Krieger Built A BILLION DOLLAR Company.Does Kevin from the Boyz have an Instagram? ›
THE BOYZ KEVIN (케빈) (@kevin_theboyz) • Instagram photos and videos.Does Kevin Gates have a Tik Tok? ›
Kevin Gates (@iamkevingates) Official | TikTok.Is Kevin Gates and Lil Durk related? ›
Kevin Gates and Lil Durk are related — according to the Baton Rouge rapper, at least. During a recent visit to Akademiks' Off The Record podcast, Gates claimed he and Durkio share blood ties. He didn't specify what their relation is exactly, but pointed to their mutual Muslim faith. “You know what's crazy?Who is the first Instagram user? ›
The first Instagram post was a photo of South Beach Harbor at Pier 38, posted by Mike Krieger at 5:26 p.m. on July 16, 2010. Systrom shared his first post, a picture of a dog and his girlfriend's foot, a few hours later at 9:24 p.m.
The first prototype of Instagram was a web app called Burbn, which was inspired by Systrom's love of fine whiskeys and bourbons. The Instagram app was launched on Oct. 6, 2010, and racked up 25,000 users in one day.Who is the first person on Instagram? ›
Although Instagram wasn't yet available to the public, Systrom and Krieger started testing their brainchild with a few experimental snaps. Here's how it all went down, based on the Instagram histories of the two men. 1:26 p.m.: Mike Krieger (@mikeyk) posts the first-ever Instagram.